Volunteers are a gift to our community and our organization. The following is a list of areas where we need volunteers:
Little Riders Equestrian Program - The therapeutic riding lessons are held for children here in our community that are challenged with medical/physical challenges, autism or other developmental issues and is very beneficial for their body control, verbal mastery and confidence. The lessons utilize an PATH certified instructor, 2 side walkers and 1 horse handler for their 30 - 45 minute activity. The lessons are held on Monday and Thursday afternoons (after 3:00 PM) in San Luis Obispo. No horse experience is required to help us, but we have a minimum age of 14. You are welcome to apply to volunteer below.
- Camp Reach for the Stars. Held in May in Cambria. We use day volunteer help to make this an amazing weekend for our families. (Currently on hold due to Covid related health restrictions)
- Office Support and Coordination- Help us with organizing and outreach. We can set up an orientation with you and find a good fit for your talents!
- Help with local events (SLO Marathon, Community-sponsored events, Blood Drives...) A great way to connect to the local SLO community and learn more about how we support our local children. Currently on hold due to Covid related health restrictions
- Annual BBQ and Auction at Santa Margarita Ranch-Held in late June. Currently on hold due to Covid related health restrictions
- Imagination Park Fall Classic Golf Tournament-Held in October at Cypress Ridge Golf Course. Planning is underway now!
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact:
Bonnie Burt, Volunteer Coordinator
Apply to Volunteer