Volunteers are a gift to our community and our organization. The following is a list of areas where we need volunteers:
- Little Riders Equestrian Program- The therapeutic riding lessons are held for children here in our community that are challenged with medical/physical challenges, autism or other developmental issues and is very beneficial for their body control, verbal mastery and confidence. The lessons utilize an PATH certified instructor, 2 side walkers and 1 horse handler for their 30 - 45 minute activity. The lessons are held on Tuesday afternoons (after 3:00 PM) and on Saturdays from 1- 5 PM at the Wagner Ranch in Arroyo Grande. No horse experience is required to help us, but we have a minimum age of 14. You are welcome to explore more at SLOHoofbeats or can apply to volunteer below.
- Camp Reach for the Stars. Held the first weekend in June in Cambria. We use day volunteer help to make this an amazing weekend for our families.
- Office Support and Coordination- Help us with organizing and outreach. We can set up an orientation with you and find a good fit for your talents!
- Help with local events (SLO Marathon, Community sponsored events, Blood Drives...) A great way to connect to the local SLO community and learn more about how we support our local children.
- Annual BBQ and Auction at Santa Margarita Ranch-Held in late June or early July.
- Imagination Park Fall Classic Golf Tournament-Held in September at Monarch Dunes.
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact:
Bonnie Burt, Volunteer Coordinator